Travel Penticton promotes and supports collaboration and information sharing among all tourism industry stakeholders, as this helps businesses to grow and our community to prosper. Below you will find access to wealth of information regarding tourism in our region as well as access to key resources, designed to help your tourism business succeed – simply click the links.
Travel Penticton Resources
- 5-Year Destination Marketing Strategy – The strategy includes in-depth research into visitor demographics and past performance.
- Travel Penticton Marketing Plan 2021 – Provides an outline of the tactical plan for tourism in Penticton over the coming season.
- Travel Penticton 2019 Operational Overview – Provides an overview of the key projects and marketing activities for the past year.
- Optimizing Your Digital Listing – Trying to update or optimize your listing on visitpenticton.com but cannot figure out how? We’ve attached a step by step reference for you showing you how to update copy, social media links images and more.
If you are a business operator in Penticton there are a number of resources available to assist you during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click the links below for details.
- Government of Canada – Managing Your Business During COVID-19
- City of Penticton COVID-19 Information
- BC Government – Support for Small Business in BC
- Government of Canada Business App
- Federal Wage Subsidy for Canadian Businesses
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- ‘Travelling to Penticton & South Okanagan’ Toolkit
There are also several platforms offering ideas and information on a variety of topics including: health & safety, recovery and marketing messaging. Below are a few recommendations.
- Destination BC Explore Local Content Toolkit – Find best practices for encouraging BC residents to #ExploreBCLocal.
- TripAdvisor Covid-19 Webinar Series – You’ll hear perspectives from Tourism Economics (an Oxford Economics company), E-Tourism Frontiers, and Twenty31 along with insights from Tripadvisor.
- Reknown – Whether it’s a brand story, trend or complex technology, Reknown speak clearly and concisely in a language hoteliers and travel industry professionals can understand.
- BC Restaurant & Food Services Association – The BCRFA is your voice to the government and your source for real-time information about key issues facing your business.
- Small Business BC – Small Business BC helps BC’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses through expert business advisors, educational services, easy-to-use free resources and engaging community events.
Start Here Okanagan
- Hiring – Post your job here! Find your next employee by creating professional postings and a company profile in minutes. Access a range of resources for recruitment and on-boarding.
- Employer Resources – A wealth of information on key issues including: recruitment, retention, management & leadership and training & development.
- Training & Education – Serving it Right, Food Safety, Superhost.
- Job Board – A free services for posting tourism and hospitality vacancies in BC.
- Wage Subsidy Employment – Can provide funding to eligible employers to subsidize WorkBC clients’ wages. This program offers an incentive for employers to hire, and provides opportunities for eligible WorkBC clients who have been identified as needing work experience. Please contact the WorkBC Office at 833-313-0547 for more info.
Regional & Provincial Resources
Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA)
- Embracing Our Potential – A ten-year tourism strategy for the Thompson Okanagan Region.
- Labour Pool – We are pleased to connect our stakeholders with a valuable resource to support your labour requirements with Mobilize Jobs.
- Sign up for TOTA Alerts – TOTA News Centre Updates / Manic Monday, TOTA Event Notices, TOTA Marketing Opportunities, Regional Tourism HR Newsletter.
Destination British Columbia (DBC)
- Tourism Business Essentials Guides – free, practical resources for tourism operators to learn more about the tourism industry and about how to build their businesses. When reading these guides, we encourage you to think of each guide as a single ‘chapter’ within the much larger ‘book of tourism’ – and not just as stand-alone publications.
- Explorer Quotient – Are your potential clients spontaneous and fun-loving, or into structure and must-see attractions? Do they value luxury and shopping; or nature and authenticity? The answers to these questions can help your business find and keep your best customers—through Explorer Quotient® (or “EQ”). Destination BC and the Canadian Tourism Commission are pleased to announce that the tool is now available, free of charge, to every tourism organization in BC! The Explorer Quotient is a unique consumer segmentation system that will determine Explorer Types to give you a deep understanding of your customers—which is crucial for marketing and product development.
What is your EQ type? You can take the EQ traveller quiz now to find out.
Tourism Industry Association of BC (TIABC)
- TIABC Conference 2018 Presentations – Presentation files that TIABC have permission to share.
- How to Get Involved in the Tourism Industry – Guidelines for Government, Residents, Economic Development Agencies & Tourism Businesses.
- Tourism Research Resources – Includes access to Canada’s New Tourism Vision.
- Newsletter – a monthly review of what’s been happening in tourism across the Province.
Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen
- Business Waste & Recycling in the RDOS – designed to bring attention to the issues surrounding business waste and recycling in the RDOS.
- Recycling Toolkits – for businesses , multi-family buildings, festivals and events. These toolkits contain helpful and useful guidance, best practice examples, and free resources for anyone to download and use. Each toolkit contains a how-to guide, signage and colour scheme best practices, signage examples, and many other resources.
- Recycling Survey – Conducted by GreenStep Solutions as part of the Business Education Program for the RDOC