If you are a journalist producing feature-length content, in a high-audience outlet, that will inspire travel to Penticton you may qualify for some level media visit support. Please note that we receive a high number of requests and regret that we can’t assist in all cases.
Media Visit Guidelines
- We require at least four weeks’ notice of your visit to assess the level of support we can provide. We recommend providing additional notice during peak season (June to September).
- You may be asked to submit an Assignment Letter and provide three recently published clips.
- After your visit, you are required to send us an original and/or legible copy of any article or broadcast tapes that resulted from your assisted visit. We are unable to assist with future requests from journalists who fail to provide us with results.
- We do not provide complimentary airfare or ground transportation. If you require this, we can assist you in filling out the proper forms to request support from Destination BC.
- We do not guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations, meals, tours or experiences. Complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability.
- Certain dates and events may be subject to restriction including:
a. Peak Season (June – September)
b. Citywide meetings & conventions
c. Public holiday weekends
- Travel Penticton does not provide assistance for personal travelling companions.
To request assistance, please complete our Media Request Form
Travel Penticton are happy to welcome media and will work with journalists and media companies to develop custom itineraries that ensure a first class experience.