Funding for festivals and events relevant to this program is administered by the Travel Penticton Society.
The aim of the program is to:
- Encourage events/festivals in the community that foster interest from new product sectors and visitor demographics.
- Support events/festivals that increase visitation to the region and provide a boost to the local economy.
- Help event/festival organizer grow and become self-sustaining.
- Increase the exposure of Penticton as a destination of choice for travelers.
Who is eligible:
- Organizers of Events/Festivals taking place within Penticton and the Penticton Metropolitan Area (Naramata, Okanagan Falls, Kaleden, Apex Mountain), that attract visitors from outside the region and increase tourism visitation and spending.
Applications must be received at the Travel Penticton Society office no later than 4:30pm PST on November 30, 2019 to be eligible for funding.
On rare occasions applications may be accepted outside these dates, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability of funds.
Please click on the links below to download the program guidelines and 2020 application form.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Penticton encourages programs in the community that foster interest from new product sectors and new visitor demographics, particularly in the less busy seasons (late Fall, early Spring).
Please note that if your funding application is approved you will be required to attend a face to face meeting with Travel Penticton to discuss your marketing strategy in further detail.
If you have any questions about the Event Funding Program please contact Office & Special Projects Manager, Jo Charnock. or 250-276-2161.
Travel Penticton encourages all organizations that we provide funding for to invest in online marketing. Not only is this a cost effective way to reach a very broad audience it is also much easier to measure the impact of such advertising through reach and engagement. Below are links to information and pricing for digital marketing packages from two of our current partners.
Travel Penticton has also been working with the South Okanagan Similkameen Volunteer Centre, who have a wealth of resources to assist you in sourcing and retaining volunteers. If your event relies on volunteers to operate we urge you to connect with the volunteer centre.
British Columbia Tourism Events Program
Tourism is one of the world’s most competitive industries and a vital component of a strong, sustainable economy in British Columbia. Recognizing the importance of this industry, the Tourism Events Program (TEP) was created to help events increase the volume of visitors to British Columbia, broaden global recognition of the province, and build our reputation as an internationally renowned destination. By providing supplemental funding for marketing, promotional, advertising and broadcast activities, the TEP helps events gain exposure and have a greater impact on the province.