Visitor Services Volunteer
You love Penticton – that’s why you call it home! Are you the one planning out itineraries when your friends and family come to visit? Providing them with dinner recommendations, adventures to go on, and wineries or breweries to visit? Travel Penticton is looking for a dynamic team player that wants to volunteer their time supporting and connecting with our community, by helping visitors plan their vacation and learning about our local tourism businesses. You know the best spots to eat, shop, and play! The secret gems of Penticton are there to be discovered and you’re happy to share your little piece of Okanagan paradise secrets.
We offer training, staff discounts, uniform, free parking, and a fun and safe work environment.
Volunteer Job Description
The Visitor Services Volunteer is responsible for welcoming tourists in the Visitor Centre under the direction of the Visitor Centre Supervisor. This includes ensuring that the Visitor Centre is represented to the public in a pleasing, organized and professional manner.
This position is seasonal with an expected time commitment of 1 day per week for 4 hours, but flexible based on time available to commit. Working schedule may vary according to Visitor Centre requirements influenced by, but not limited to, staffing levels, local events, and seasonality. Flexibility on hours required, including weekend work.
This position reports to the Visitor Services Supervisor, Travel Penticton.
We put our employee health and safety first, including hand sanitizer stations and plexiglass barriers in the Visitor Centre.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with accommodations, tours and general inquires in response to visitor requests
- Provide visitors with creative recommendations and activity options to encourage them to stay longer or return
- Provide clear and concise directions
- Always be up to date on new things to do and see in and around the city
- Keep brochure racks and storage organized and well filled
- Facilitate sales transactions for merchandise sold in the Visitor Centre
- Gather and record statistical information related to each visitor
Please send an email to and include your availability, why you want to volunteer in Visitor Services, and your favorite thing to do in Penticton (no telephone calls or walk-ins will be accepted). Please note that only those invited for an interview will be notified.