Co-Op Marketing Program
Please note that the situation arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic, has forced Travel Penticton to reassess our Co-op Marketing Program for 2020. Maximum funds available to any one member will now be capped at a maximum of $2,000. All applications will still be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Travel Penticton’s Co-op Marketing Program offers our Members, of any size, an opportunity to obtain up to 50% funding towards your marketing initiative. This Co-op Program has been designed to benefit our Members, forge collaboration within the community, develop new experiences, assist our Members in reaching new markets by making their marketing dollars go further and most importantly generate overnight stays!
- Open to all Travel Penticton Members in good standing
- Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- This is a cost sharing program; to a maximum of 50% of program and a cap of $2,000 per business with a 1-year timeframe (no taxes included)
- Must be a Member-generated marketing initiative that drives visitor traffic from outside the Penticton Metropolitan Area (Naramata, Okanagan Falls, Kaleden, Apex Mountain), preferably beyond the Okanagan region and increases tourism visitation and spending.
- The program must align with Travel Penticton’s Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Must qualify by completing application funding form and receiving approval before initiative start date
- Travel Penticton encourages marketing initiatives that foster new products, reach new markets, generate overnight stays and focus on shoulder or off season travel
- Projects supported must feature Travel Penticton branding and acknowledge the funding support of Travel Penticton
- Travel Penticton reserves the right to select and approve applications that best meet the objectives and requirements of the program.
Eligible Initiatives: 50% investment up to a maximum of $2,000
- Paid Advertising: print newspaper/magazine, radio, television
- Digital Advertising: paid search engine marketing, paid social media, display advertising, advertorial
- Print Collateral: brochures, rackcards, flatsheets, guides, maps
- Consumer-Focused Asset Development: written content, photography, product specific landing page
- Consumer Shows: booth cost only
- General Administrative Costs: Including salaries, office expenses, rent and other normal costs of business
- Application Submission Costs: Any costs associated with developing and submitting applications for funding
- Costs associated with Developing Strategic Plans: Includes new and existing events
- New Brand Development: Design of new logos, re-branding of existing marketing materials
- Website: Any maintenance, design and/or hosting
- Design fees: advertising, print collateral
- Capital Costs: Including equipment or software purchases, any capital costs associated with marketing tactics (such as billboard or signage installation, vehicle leasing, brochure display racks), rental or lease of equipment or facilities
Program Funding Requirements:
Approved Member marketing activities must:
- Be coordinated and paid by the Member
- Be completed by November 30, 2020
- Return on Investment to be tracked and a report must be submitted within 30 days of the completion
- Approved Members must sign an Agreement with Travel Penticton before marketing initiative begins and any funds are disbursed
Program Execution Changes:
- Any changes to the application will need to be approved by Travel Penticton. All changes must be approved by Travel Penticton in order to be deemed an eligible expense
- Marketing activities undertaken that have not been approved or are not identified in the contract are not eligible for funding
- Travel Penticton will provide constructive feedback to applicants with the intent that applications can best meet program guidelines
Terms of Funding:
- Applicants are eligible to apply for up to 50% in matching funding from Travel Penticton
- This is a cost-shared program; Applicants must contribute 50% or more towards the total project budget (excluding taxes)
- All successful applicants will receive a Funding Notification letter upon approval of their application, as well as an Agreement (contract) which outlines the obligations of each party
- Funding will be released upon proof of full payment (receipt) for approved marketing initiative by applicant
- Funding is contingent on the total amount of funds available and a first come, first serve basis
Terms of the Travel Penticton Co-op Marketing Funding Program are subject to change; the Society reserves the right to amend the terms at any time and/or terminate the program.
If you would like to speak to a person, please contact:
Office & Special Projects Manager, Travel Penticton