In accordance with the Society Act of BC, the Annual General Meeting for the Travel Penticton Society is called for:
Wednesday October 7, 2020
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our AGM will be completely virtual, so please read through the following information very carefully.
On Wednesday October 7, 2020 you, as a voting member in good standing of the Travel Penticton Society, will be sent a link, by email, which will provide access to all of the relevant AGM materials and you will be able to cast your vote electronically. Please note that there is only one vote per organisation. The information will be accessible for five days until Monday, October 12, 2020. At that time the online link will be closed and all votes counted. An announcement of the results will be published on October 14, 2020 on the Travel Penticton website and all members will be notified by email.
Get Involved, stay Informed and help us Improve our tourism community!
OPEN BOARD SEATS
The following seats on the Travel Penticton Board of Directors are open for the 2020-2022 2-year term.
- Accommodation Large (more than 60 rooms) – two (2) seats
- Accommodation Medium (25-60 rooms) – two (2) seats
- Attractions – one (1) seat
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Events (MICE) – one (1) seat
- Sport Tourism – one (1) seat
- Winery/Brewery/Distillery/Agri Tourism – one (1) seat
Travel Penticton’s Nominations Committee is now seeking nominations for the eight (8) seats open on Travel Penticton’s
Board of Directors for the 2020-2022 term. To understand fully the commitment, please take a moment to review the
To nominate yourself or another Voting Member* of Travel Penticton, please complete, sign and return the Nomination
To be considered by the Nominations Committee, please have your application form in by:
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
*Definition of Voting Member for 2020 Election
Voting Members shall be those members:
- a) who own or operate a tourist accommodation facility; OR
- b) who carry on business at an address located within the Penticton Metropolitan Area** and have paid their annual
membership fee to be determined by the Board.
- c) whose application for membership in the Society has been accepted by the Society’s Board; and
- d) who are in good standing with the Society.
** “Penticton Metropolitan Area” means the City of Penticton and those areas included in the Penticton Census Metropolitan Area as determined from time to time by Statistics Canada on behalf of the Government of Canada.
Important Election Dates
- Open Call for Nominations – September 2, 2020
- Nominations Close – September 17, 2020
- Nominations Committee Provides Nominee Recommendations – September 22, 2020
- Online Voting to Start – October 7, 2020 at 12:00pm
- Online Voting to Close – October 12, 2020 at 12:00pm
- Results of online Voting posted – October 14, 2020
2020 TRAVEL PENTICTON NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE
Barb Haynes, Chair of the Board of Travel Penticton
James Shalman, Vice Chair of the Board of Travel Penticton
Jackie Frederick, Board Member of Travel Penticton
Barb Schneiderat, Board Member of Travel Penticton